Subject: Re: NT-AVI
From: [email-masked] (Scott Sanders)
To: Multiple recipients of list <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 14:59:04 -0700

>  A couple of discoveries I made about NT-AVI, not totally conclusive:
>
>1. Some scenes either made for Amiga or early 4.0 will crash layout when 
>you try to use the NT-AVI saver. I vaguely remembered something about 
>this from several messages back and the fix was to load the scene, save 
>the scene, clear the scene, and load it back from the file you just 
>saved. Did this with a LightROM 1 scene and that fixed it.

I have had experience with this problem as well except that I have always
used RevC and it does it to my sceans sometimes.

>2. So far, the Indeo codec looks like a good tradeoff for animation 
>quality/file size. The animation still looks pretty good and the file 
>size (for a 200+ frame square pixels 640x480 animation) is down below 2 
>MB at 65% compression. I believe it was the MS RLE codec that was just 
>AWFUL! You lose any anti-aliasing you might have chosen in the setup and 
>it makes it look like a 320x240 lo-color animation.

Scott